14 May 2012

Menu Monday

Remember when I told you how when I make a new discovery, I get a tab bit obsessed?  Yeah, I discovered Jenny's fabulous blog, Everyday Occasions, last week and it's safe to say I'm obsessed.  Two of the three recipes from last week's menu were Jenny's recipes, thus confirming Everyday Occasions' status as my new blog crush.

I loved this a little too much.  As in, I may have hoarded the leftovers and refused to share any with my husband. And I am not sorry.  

I should preface this by saying I don't like chicken pot pie.  Or at least I thought I didn't.
This was delicious.  We've had some icky, rainy weather here lately and this was the perfect, cozy dinner to warm the soul.  We each had one for dinner, and then we ate the other two for lunch the next day.  They reheated beautifully.

 Mediterranean Pizza {Curly in the City}
 I forgot to take a picture of mine.
 I loved the idea of this, but it was way too salty for me.  And I'm a girl who loves salt.  I think I could handle it with the feta OR the olives, but not both.  I made it again for lunch the next day just using tomato, cucumber, and Italian seasoning and it was yummy and refreshing.

OK, so this isn't a meal I made, but I needed to share it with you anyways.  We drove to Tennessee and back this weekend for the wedding of one of our groomsmen. On Friday night, we stopped for dinner at Due South BBQ.  It was groan-inducing. PERFECT fried green tomatoes, delicious pulled pork with all sorts of different sauces to choose from, and seriously decadent mac and cheese. I love eating at local places and this did not disappoint.  If you're ever headed south on I-81 through Virginia, it's definitely worth a stop!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Ok I need to go check out that blog these all look delicious!!

Prippy Handbook said...

This post made me hungry! Everything looks delicious... and pretty doable for a not-so-good cook.

Barefoot in the Park said...

nom nom nom, they all look so good! i'm pinning them :)

Sarah Brooke said...

I grew up in Roanoke and went to Virginia Tech but have never heard of that BBQ place in Christiansburg.. will definitely have to check it out!

Jamie said...

Oh.my. I should not have read this while hungry. I wonder if I can whip up that pizza for lunch?