30 July 2010

i can only imagine

i can only imagine
what it will be like
when i walk
by Your side.

i can only imagine
what my eyes will see
when Your face
is before me
i can only imagine.

i can only imagine.

surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
will i dance for you Jesus or in awe of You be still
will i stand in Your presence or to my knees will i fall
will i sing hallelujah, will i be able to speak at all
i can only imagine.

i can only imagine.
i can only imagine
when that day comes
when i find myself
standing in the Son.

i can only imagine
when all i will do
is forever
forever worship You
i can only imagine.

i can only imagine.

one year ago today, i lost my sweet aunt to breast cancer.  in some ways, i can't believe it's already been a year.  time has flown.  in other ways, it seems like it's been so much longer.  i can go days, even weeks, without thinking about her, but then something will happen {hear a song on the radio, watching the barefoot contessa, her favorite!, or talking to my mom} and i'll just lose it.  i miss her so much sometimes it hurts.

this weekend, i'm headed to richmond with my mom {her sister}, my two cousins {her daughters}, and my sister {her niece}.  it's going to be a tough couple of days for all of us, but i have no doubt in my mind that this is what she would want her girls to be doing.  shopping and eating and laughing and living their lives surrounded by the people who love them and who loved her.  there will be lots of tears this weekend, that's for certain, but also lots of laughter as we remember the woman with the loud laugh, louder sneeze and the best squash casserole, taco soup, and fruit cake recipes one could hope for.

7 comments:

how i met your father blog said...

i love this song, i cry every time i hear it. i am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way this weekend.

KLA said...

Hang in there.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.. I hope you ladies have a great weekend. I'm sure your Aunt will be looking down and smiling on y'all... Hugs girlie..

Unknown said...

I'm really sorry about your family's loss. Breast cancer touched my life many years ago (lost an aunt) and just a few years ago (my mom was diagnosed), so I know the emotions and the feelings that you all are going through.

Lots of love, hugs & prayers coming in your direction from Virginia Beach.

Travel safe & laugh until your belly hurts. ;) xoxo

LuvRedandWhite said...

Thinking about you this weekend! I'm sure that your aunt will be very glad you're celebrating her memory this way. Lots of hugs!

Annabel Manners said...

That is exactly what she'd want you to be doing. I say lean on each other and make sure you have lots of wine. xoxox

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I also lost my favorite aunt to breast cancer. It was 9 years ago, but I still miss her and wish she was here. I hope that you all have a wonderful time and think back on all of your happy memories with her.