14 June 2011

blushing blogger

i'm just plain embarassed about how long it's been since my last post.  {for those keeping track, the last date would be april 29.  and that was a scheduled post.  so it's been awhile.}  life has been a whirlwind of late.  the beau is seriously entertaining changing jobs, so there is the looming possibility of a move {for us} and job change {for both of us}.  i don't do well with the unknown, so this hasn't exactly been easy on me.  things at my current job have gone from busy to chaotic.  up until yesterday, we were short staffed by three colleagues.  we're down to only one, but i've inherited the lion's share of that one's workload, which is super fun.  and wedding planning is slowly taking over my life.  that part is not a complaint, i'm loving every second of it, but it's time-consuming nonetheless.

also, i discovered pinterest.  which has basically taken over my life.  i. am. OBSESSED.  i could {and have} spend hours just browsing all of the dreamy inspiration to be found.  recipes, interior design, clothes, shoes, accessories, wedding pretties...there's a great big world of lovely out there! here's my wedding board: http://pinterest.com/gesshoo/the-best-day-ever/.  are you on pinterest?  you shoud be.  i have a few invites to give out.  if you'd like one, just leave me a message with your e-mail. 

my quest to get back to fighting form {a.k.a. the weight i was when the beau and i met in january 2010} continues.  for those keeping score i had gained about 15 or so pounds in the first 8 months of our relationship.  i've lost close to 10 of those and expect to have the other five off in the next month.  and i would be lying if i said i wasn't trying to maybe shave off another 5 before my first wedding dress fitting at the end of august.  just saying.

speaking of wedding, hope on over to our stationer's blog for a sneak peek of our save-the-dates! i wish i could show you more, but ashley has submitted these for publication and since i, too, am hopeful that we will have our wedding published, i don't want to ruin anything by posting too much.  suffice it to say, they are so unbelievably gorgeous and i am on pins and needles waiting for the invitation suite to arrive {we just placed the order last week}.  i have had so much fun working with ashley and can't wait to work with her on the finishing touches for the wedding day.

and because i don't believe in posts without pictures, here is one of our engagement photos, courtesy of our fabulous photographer. we had these done a month ago yesterday and couldn't be happier with them.


i'll be back tomorrow with another installment of wedding wednesdays. happy tuesday!

6 comments:

Emily of Boston said...

Woooooowwwwwwwwwwww that hairdo in your Pinterest is just... WOW. It's all swirly and braided and twirly and WOW.

Is it totally lame that I can't come up with anything better than "wow?"

I keep hearing about this Pinterest thing, and I kind of think I'd like to give it a try. If you still have invites left, would you share with moi? crazycurls23@hotmail.com

MCW said...

Good to hear from you! Was wondering where you have been. Is beau making a career change or just a job change. I know how competitive a job change can be in his field!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey girl! You look GORGEOUS, I am in LOVE with your engagement photo! Pinterest is crazy addicting, I agree! Running over to check out your inspiration board now. Sending you positive multi-tasking vibes, I know, it's so hard to juggle it all - just keep that pretty smile on your face! :) xoxo

RLMurphy said...

YAY! It's good to have you back. I love reading your blog. Wedding planning gets me all giddy. I love the Pinterest site. Your shoes day of are gorgeous! I love that shoe site too. Talk about a deal. I would love to have an invite if you have an extra. rholdren03@hotmail.com

living well said...

Love your Pinterest page! I'd love an invite if you have extra!
sarahadowning@gmail.com

Christen said...

I know I'm a little late, but I'm hoping you still have invites left. I've been on the waiting list for a while and it's killing me!
xo -c

christencim@hotmail.com