22 August 2012

Guest Post: EverythingLEB

Hi everyone- Lindsay here from EverythingLEB.  I'm so excited to be a guest on Sarah's blog today!  While she is busy unpacking at her new place I thought I would share some ideas on how to hide the lovely TV and cable equipment.

yikes!

Apartment living does have its perks.  But more often than not (or at least I find this to be true) there are those little things that could possibly end up sending me to the nut house one day. 

One of those things being the whole TV and cable situation.  In my dream world my apartment would be fitted with those fancy wall hanging TVs and my cable box hidden away somewhere so I didn’t have to see it EVER.  Clearly that is not the situation going on in my family room right now, and I know this is the case for many other renters out there.

One option is this remote box thing- no CLUE how it works, but the idea of it is really cool.  Check it out HERE

My other recommendation, move.  Just kidding, I know that’s not possible.  So my real recommendation is furniture with doors, drawers or shelves to hide everything in.  Well, that one cable box needs to be out so the clicker works, but hide everything else!  Pieces like armoires, dressers with doors / drawers, liquor cabinets, etc.  You get the idea.  Here are a few of my favorite cable box hiding family rooms:

Bassett Furniture

BHG

Little Green Notebook

Jessica Helgerson

BHG

Keep an eye out for a piece with dovetail drawers, classic lines and in good shape.  If you move and don't need it for the TV anymore, it is something that can be used in just about any room in the house.

Thanks for having me Sarah- I can't wait to see how you store your TV equipment!!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

Love this post! I had the biggest problem with hiding the TV wires earlier this year when we bought a new flat screen. Electrical wires turn me into Mommy Dearest. Love the big armoire!

The enchanted home said...

Good and important topic, nothing can kill a room more than ugly tv wires...yuck! Agree camoflauging them in units is the best way.....

LindsB said...

Thanks for having me today Sarah- I hope your move is going smoothly!!