07 December 2012

Friday Favorites

this photo of nancy reagan and mr. t always gives me the giggles.  


a christmas cocktail, courtesy of neiman marcus.

it's that time of year!

this weekend i'm attempting to make homemade marshmallows, something i've always wanted to do.  i'll be using smitten kitchen's recipe and floating them in a steaming mug of my favorite homemade hot cocoa.  we stole this recipe from a family friend and it's been a christmas staple in our house for years:

Instant Cocoa with Marshmallows & Chocolate Chips

7 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
 1 lb. Confectioners’ sugar
 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
 2 cups mini marshmallows
 1 cup mini chocolate chips

 Stir together.  For each serving:  1/3 c. mix & ¾ c. boiling water.  Stir until chocolate chips begin to melt.  Yields 14 cups mix or 42 servings.  Makes a fabulous gift!



6 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my! That pic is very interesting! What an unlikely duo!

That cocktail looks so yummy!


I am doing a Holiday Giveaway from Sephora! Hope you stop by and enter!

Happy Holidays,


Brooke♥ ❤ ❥

The enchanted home said...

Oh that first picture gave me a great laugh to start my day! Christmas cocktail, you say? I am in!

Virginia Belle said...

That picture is amazing! I am beyond excited for clementines too. Can't wait to hear how the homemade marshmallows turn out :)

The Preppy Princess said...

Oh my word! That picture of Nancy Reagan & Mr. T made me laugh aloud. Thank you, I needed it!

Sending you a Friday smile,
tp

Leslie said...

Such a fun picture of Nancy Reagan! The NM cocktail looks very festive :)

Homemade marshmallow is SO good and I'm sure this is a wonderful recipe!

Chelsea said...

I love making homemade marshmallows for the holidays! Just this past weekend I made chocolate, coffee and peppermint flavors. They're always a hit - the peppermint is especially good in hot chocolate!

xoxo
Chels