10 December 2012

Menu Monday

We had lots of yumminess to nosh on last week.  Enjoy!

OM NOM NOM. Drop what you are doing and make these now.  I had bookmarked this recipe from Rachel's blog ages ago and just got around to making these.  WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!? They are so easy and SO good.  I served them with our favorite frozen sweet potato fries.

I followed the advice of several commenters and added chopped peanuts, chopped basil, and chopped mint.  I also used a full pound of shrimp and doubled the amount of dressing.  Very delicious, but would be much better suited to a summer dinner.  The leftovers were excellent.

Kale, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
A loose interpretation of these quesadillas, which I've made many times.  M wasn't feeling too hot this particular evening, so I took advantage of it and made something with goat cheese for myself since he won't touch it.  This would be good for a quick lunch too.

Breakfast for dinner!
Friday night was breakfast for dinner.  M made Ina's Maple-Roasted Bacon {a brunch staple in our house} and we tried this recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes with our Kodiak Cakes mix.  Next time we'll just stick with the instructions on the side of the box!  These were super dense {needed a LOT more liquid} and too heavily spiced.

 Pasta alla Vodka {The Pioneer Woman}
Saturday night felt like a decadent night, so I made The Pioneer Woman's Pasta alla Vodka.  Although my love for Ree had faded substantially over the past year, my love for this recipe is undying.  But since she gives Paula Deen a run for her artery-clogging money, I make the following adjustments: I only use one tablespoon each of butter and olive oil for sautéing.  I use half-and-half instead of heavy cream.  I don't add an extra tablespoon of butter at the end of the sauce cooking time.  I might use a cup of Parmesan, I might use less.  I just eyeball it until the consistency is right.  Usually it's less.

Bon appétit!



5 comments:

MHM1314 said...

I keep telling JM that when we do the whole wedding registry thing, a slow cooker is on my top three MUST BUY items. He doesn't totally get it, necessarily. Then I showed him this when you Instagrammed it. He is now a believer and hasn't even tasted them (yet)!

Also, YES re: Ree. I also adore butter but sometimes adding "extra" is just superfluous - the flavor is already there.

Our French Inspired Home said...

Ok that Pepperoncini looks amazing! I am ready to eat it now! I guess if its slow cooking I can start now and eat later! Have a great day. - Tonya

Randi said...

So, I tried to make that beef one night and mine came our really tough! What did I do wrong? It looks and sounds so yummy, I hate that I messed it up!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

I have thought about making Ree's penne but it seemed a little over the top but I think I will try it your way. Thanks!

Kate said...

I've been looking for a penne alla vodka recipe so I will try with your adjustments. It looks delicious!