10 October 2011

sarah and the amazing technicolor dream coat

i am a coat girl.  which is ironic, since i really am NOT a cold weather girl.  but what can i say?  you can leave the house in running tights and a ratty t-shirt, but throw a fabulous coat overtop and who's to say you are not dressed in head-to-toe chanel?  am i right?

any hoodle, i treat myself to a new coat {or two} every year.  and methinks this is the year of the toggle coat.  the bon vivant in me really wants a bright, fire engine red one, but the practical prep in me says camel.  or navy.  i love navy.  it's my favorite color. but i already have two lovely black coats {too close to navy}, and i do have a camel trench, which brings us back to red.  there are so many gorgeous options out there, it's really hard to choose! 

this urban outfitters one is the right price and look, but the reviews say the material is icky and not very warm.


this eddie bauer one seems much more sturdy gal functional, but the red is a little more berry red than i would like.


this one from delia's is nearly perfect, although with the cheapy pants price, i worry about the quality.  but it's darling.


this lands' end one is exactly what i'm looking for in both looks and quality, but it only comes in red in plus sizes.  FTW, lands' end?!?  if they reissue this in red for petite sizes, i'm all over it.


le sigh.  the burberry one is, of course, the gold standard.  but what with this whole learning to manage a newlywed budget business, i don't think this is going to show up under my christmas tree.  a girl can scheme dream.

which one would you pick?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I got a coat from lands end last year and LOVE it, Eddie Bauer would be my second pic (well third if burburry was in the mix). I got a "fun colored" coat for this winter and HATE it-back to black for me-ha!

Unknown said...

I got a coat from lands end last year and LOVE it, Eddie Bauer would be my second pic (well third if burburry was in the mix). I got a "fun colored" coat for this winter and HATE it-back to black for me-ha!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

those coats are SO my style.

xo, chrissy

MCW said...

I have one I got years ago...think it was Michael by Michael Kohrs. I ALWAYS forget I have it. Need to out it front and center on my coat rack.

I think I like the EB one the best!