13 March 2009

Belle's Beauty Secrets

I'm thinking this is going to be an occasionally regular {that sounds like an oxymoron...} Friday post. I loooove products, so thought I should share a little about the ones I heart the most and, of course, get feedback from all of you lovlies on your faves.

But first....this time last week, it was 70 degrees and I was at work in a Polo dress and sandals. I'm looking out my office window right this very second and it is pouring the snow. Can I get a WTF?!

Back to the fun stuff...

So inspired by Barefoot's post last week about signature scents, I'm going to start with that because I think that's one of my all-time greatest beauty discoveries/secrets.

I, of course, went through the TERRIBLE phase in middle school of smelling as foul as humanly possible. My weapon on choice was Bath & Body Works Juniper Breeze. The reason I chose to smell like a combination of a campground and Pine*Sol was to be "different". {the big thing in the 6th grade was to either wear Sun Ripened Raspberry}. And I had the ENTIRE collection...shampoo, conditioner, body spray, body lotion, body scruby, body cream....let's just say my little sister will NEVER let me live down this phase.

After a lot of other failed attempts at smelling nice, I hit the motherload last year. It is the perfect scent for me {I'm a white floral kind of gal}...sweet, flowery, but not like your grandmother. And ladies, let me tell you....you have to beat the boys away with a STICK when you wear this. A guy I dated all of last year said he loved when I came to visit because his sheets smelled like gardenias afterwards {he had his cute moments}. I was at a party a few weeks ago with a bunch of guy friends who I hadn't seen for awhile. After hugging me, every single one of them said something to the effect of, wow you smell amazing. So what is this amazing man-magnet scent? Drumroll please....
Bodycology White Gardenia Body Mist. A whopping $3/bottle at Wally*World. I'm not kidding you. I layer the body cream with the body spray and it stays on all day. Because I'm not a big fan of having a big, cheap plastic bottle sitting on my vanity, I bought a pretty glass perfume atomizer to pour it into. Much more glamourous.

What about you ladies? Any HORRENDOUS scents you were attached to in middle and high school? Anything you're loving these days?

3 comments:

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Freesia from Bath & Body Works was also a huge favorite at my school. I used some coconut-type glitter hair spray. GROSSSSS!!!

icing on the cake said...

Hmmm, I think the Body Shop "Fuzzy Peach" was the big trend in my middle school - I get a faint wave of nauseau just thinking about it.

Miss Sweet Tea said...

I got my notepad yesterday - thank you so much! I've been wanting to get one of those for the longest time, but never got around to it...I love it!

Your package is en route and should be there soon!