04 March 2009

Wednesday Confessional

I HATE Vera Bradley bags.
I know this will probs alienate a few of you and no offense, but they are terrible. Now not all of them are so bad. About 7 years ago I actually owned and carried a VB bag proudly through my high school halls. I would not be caught dead carrying it today, but I still think the old patterns are acceptable. The mark of a true VB fan is how old the pattern is.

What I LOATHE are these new, over-the-top, Rainbow Brite pieces of terrible. And these things aren't cheap! You could get a decent Coach or Banana Republic or J.Crew bag for the price tag of one of these, and you are paying to be the opposite of stylish. And I'm yet to see one person who only has one piece of their chosen pattern. I have to wear sunglasses when I go to my parents' church because every female, from age 12-70, has the tote bag...and the purse...and the eyeglass case...and the make-up bag...and heavens knows whatever little bits of ugly they paid way too much money for.
Ladies, I am begging you. Chill with this quilted fugliness. My retinas cannot deal with one more paisley assault on a Sunday morning. Take all those bags, put them on Ebay, and buy yourself something pretty.
Happy Hump Day :)

3 comments:

Running In Stilettos said...

haahahahah... I thought I was the only one who didn't have any lovef or these bags.

I do own one...a brown and aqua colored one but haven't dug it out since my days on St. Simons Island, GA.

But then again, I am not an over-the-top Lilly fan, pastel-pink-wearing, paisly-stationary-using lady. I guess that explains it :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Hahahahaha this cracked me up!

The Dunaway's said...

FINALLY! Somebody else who hates Vera as much as I do!! My cousin and aunt would sell their kidneys for this fugliness!! Not I!!! I love me some Kathy Van Zeeland! If you haven't tried her stuff..definitley worth looking into!