29 June 2012

Friday Favorites

Today's Friday Favorites is dedicated to one of my very favorite holidays: the Fourth of July!

I'm working with Amanda on another little project and discovered these fabulous Fourth of July freebies.  You just have to "like" her Facebook page.   All the things!!

My favorite cherry pie:  I use this recipe with this crust.   Yes, it takes a bit more effort to make a crust from scratch than using Pillsbury's.  Yes, it takes a bit more effort to make the pie filling from scratch instead of the canned "cherry pie filling".  But one bite of this pie and I guarantee you that allllll that effort is worth it.

A lovely little red and white Hamptons hideaway.  I NEED that chair.


American Girl


American Girl by gesshoo featuring striped flats

How cute is Michelle Williams?  Inspired by this post, I made a sweet little Fourth of July outfit that's perfect for a cookout and fireworks.

My blog crush, Jenny Steffens Hobick, has conveniently rounded up all of her Fourth of July posts in one place.  There are menus, recipes, table settings, and all sorts of inspirational eye-candy goodness.

What are your plans for the Fourth?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the pictures!
We're going to a big multi-family coookout. I'm not positive on outfit yet, but it will likely be a sleeveless and shorts outfit!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love the images and the outfit! very similar to what I'll be wearing at the beach this weekend.

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

The 4th is one of my favorite holidays too! Eating, playing, boozing and swimming - that's what I'll be doing! Have a great weekend!

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

The 4th is my favorite too! love that image of the hydrangeas on the table!

xx
kat
www.withlovefromkat.com

The Preppy Student said...

Hi there. My name is Mariel and I just found your wonderful blog. I love everything preppy and am literally in love with that forth of july food spread they all look so delicious! I just started following your blog and cannot wait to read and follow up on all you have to post and hope you follow back so we can comment on each others posts going forward!

Anonymous said...

Love it! All of the decorations and colors are fabulous!