18 June 2012

Menu Monday

 I unofficially declared last week the week of Cooking Light September 2011.  I didn't notice that all but one of the recipes I pulled out of my binder were from the exact same magazine.  Whoops. 

Fish en Papillote {Laura Calder French Food at Home}

Stir-fried Chinese Egg Noodles {Cooking Light September 2011}
Another one of those meals that meets our favorite criteria: super easy to make and super easy to clean up.  My grocery store is not cosmopolitan enough to sell Chinese egg noodles, so I used refrigerated fresh linguine.  I also used 2 teaspoons of Sriracha sauce instead of chile paste.

Buffalo Chicken Thighs {Cooking Light September 2011}
 Let's just put it this way:  I'll be making this for M the next time I want him to "surprise" me with a gift that comes in a little orange box.  M LOVES buffalo wings; they're probably his favorite food.  I made smashed potatoes by mixing smashed, boiled redskin potatoes with 2 teaspoons of ranch dressing mix and a container of Greek yogurt.  I thought he was going to start licking his plate.

Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo {Cooking Light September 2011}
My only complaint about this meal is that it's one of those dishes that requires perfect timing, and that's not really how I cook.   I should've started heating the pasta water much sooner than I did, but that was my fault.  Oh well.  It still turned out very tasty.  M said it was even good cold the next day for lunch.

Bon appetit!

4 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

All of your meals last week looked delicious! I can't wait to try the buffalo chicken thighs, I'm sure they will be a hit in our house :)

living well said...

I'm going to try that noodle dish this week! Thanks for the idea!

The enchanted home said...

WOW! Someones eating awfully well!! Shrimp fettuccine has my name all over itand the stir fry looks amazing too. Even the fish, looks great! I have to try some of these this week, like changing things up!

Prippy Handbook said...

Your cooking is really inspiring! I think my husband would be licking the plate with the buffalo chicken thigh dish, too.