25 June 2012

Menu Monday

Last week was unintentionally very hectic.  My car died on Monday evening while M was still out of town for work, which meant I spent a lot of time Tuesday and Wednesday going back and forth between the car shop and Enterprise.  So sadly, this means only two recipes for y'all this week.  Single tear.

Chicken and Feta Tabbouleh {Cooking Light April 2009}
 I don't know why I've always been intimidated by the idea of making tabbouleh, because this was basically foolproof.  The only change I might make is a little less parsley {I thought the flavor was too overwhelming} and cooking the bulgur wheat in chicken stock instead of water.  Otherwise, this is THE perfect summer meal.  Light and healthy and ultra refreshing.

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi {Cooking Light March 2009}
Meh.  Not bad. Not great.  I thought it was pretty bland.  I think this will probably get ditched.  There are lots of other healthy and quick shrimp dishes that are much better {see last week's shrimp alfredo}.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love shrimp! That looks delish!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

If you were only able to post two recipes, I'm glad that they both look really good. Especially the tabbouleh.