04 June 2012

Menu Monday

Only 3 meals to write about from last week.  Enjoy!

Farmer's Market Skillet {Iowa Girl Eats}
  We both loved this fresh, summery dish, and it took hardly any time to make.  Next time, I think I would double the recipe so that we have leftovers for lunch.

Ravioli, Salad, and Garlic Bread
 No recipes here.  I cooked frozen, grocery-store ravioli and tossed with warmed marinara sauce {our favorite jarred is Bertolli Tomato & Basil}.  The salad was bagged 50/50 mix with cherry tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette.  And I just sliced what was left of an Italian bread loaf, spread with a little butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, and baked in a 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.

M made these for dinner on a night I had to work late.  He made them into full-sized burgers instead of sliders and topped them with tomato.  They weren't the most attractive burgers, but they were delicious.  The oregano in the burgers and the dijon mayo really made the dish.

Bon appetit!


5 comments:

MCW said...

That Farmer's Market Skillet looks so good. I may need to try it...maybe add a little chicken???

Prippy Handbook said...

The Farmer's Market Skillet dish looks so amazing! I've been enjoying all of the summer fruits and veggies that we pick up at our weekend farmer's market, Eastern Market in DC. It is such a wonderful time of year for eating local!

The enchanted home said...

That first dish looks devine! And you are so talking my language with ravioli and hamburgers! YUM!! I look to make almost anything with tomatos now that they are in high season...so many wonderful things we can make with them. Keep your wonderful ideas coming!

Andie said...

I pinned that recipe the other. Loved the way it looked- and now that I have read your glowing review, I'm totally going to make it! :)

What brand of frozen ravioli do you use?

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love all these meals! So light and healthy looking!